About Jade Plant
- Jade or Portulacaria Afra is one of the toughest and easy to grow succulent plants
- The button-shaped leaves of this plant will add elegance to your garden.
- The best care for this plant is to leave it alone and not fuss over it (though it is very difficult to take your eyes off this beauty)
- Contrary to popular belief, it is not an indoor plant.
How to water a Jade plant?
- Water only when the soil is dry
- Always water the plant thoroughly, that is, till the water starts coming out from the bottom hole
What type of soil to use for Jade?
- Most important thing to keep in mind while growing jade plant is the soil.
- Use extremely well draining soil. For drainage, add perlite to soil
- The soil should be nutritious. When preparing soil for Jade plant, add vermicompost
- The soil should be soft
- Make sure to add fungicide in soil to prevent root rots
Where should you keep Jade Plant?
- Keep this plant outdoors in full sun
- Jade Plant loves sunlight and grows fast in full sun