- Petunias are one of the most colourful flowering plants that you can easily grow at home.
- The reason to love petunias is simple. Petunia care is simple, it flowers throughout the winter season, and its colorful blooms can really add pop to a front lawn.
- They are often used in borders, containers, hanging baskets, or even for covering bare spots in your garden and preventing weeds.
- They are some of the most popular winter-flowering plants, thanks to their knack for creating a vibrant mass of colourful winter blooms
Care Instructions for Petunias
How to water Petunia Plants?
- Frequent watering ( possibly every day) is important and is vital for petunias growing in pots and containers.
- The soil mustn’t be allowed to dry out, but at the other extreme, take care not to over-water
How much sunlight should Petunia Plants get?
- SUNLIGHT- Petunias need as much sunlight as possible.
- Petunias should be grown outdoors where full sun is available. This helps in flowering.
What type of soil should you use for Petunia Plant?
- A rich soil mix (compost, cocopeat, and sand) is preferable while planting petunias in pots
- The soil should be well draining. You can add sand or perlite for drainage
- The soil should be moisture retaining. You can add cocopeat for moisture retention
- The soil should be nutritious. You should add vermicompost for nutrition
- For best flowering, keep adding vermicompost every 15 days during the blooming season
When can you grow Petunia Plants?
- Petunias cannot survive extreme heat and rains.
- In Northern India, they are grown starting October and bloom through the winter months.