- Money plant is an indoor plant that belongs to the Pothos family.
- This plant is said to bring in good luck and hence it is the most preferred plant in Indian households.
- It is a low-maintenance plant and thrives indoors.
- It is an air-purifying plant and eliminates harmful gases like Benzene and Formaldehyde from the atmosphere.
- Money plants can easily grow without soil in water bottles.
- It is extremely easy to propagate using stem cuttings
How to care for a Money Plant
How to water Money Plant?
- Water money plant only when the top 1-2 inches of the soil is dry so as to avoid over-watering.
- Always water the plant thoroughly, that is, till the water starts coming down from the bottom hole.
What type of Soil to use for Money Plant?
- Money Plant prefers soft sandy soil.
- The soil should be well draining. You can add sand or perlite for drainage
- The soil should be moisture retaining. You can add cocopeat for moisture retention
- The soil should be nutritious. You should add vermicompost for nutrition
Where should you keep Money Plant?
- The money plant thrives in medium to bright indirect light.
- While growing money indoors, make sure you keep them near a window so they receive bright indirect sunlight and good air circulation.
- It can also be kept under low fluorescent lights.