- Succulents are one of the most common and beautiful plants.
- Upto 25 plant families have a succulent variety and are abundantly available.
- Succulent plants are thickened and fleshy to contain moisture and nutrients within them.
- Contrary to popular belief, succulents are not indoor plants
How to care for succulents?
How to water a Succulent?
- Water only when the top 1-2 inches of soil is dry
- Make sure never to overwater.
What type of soil to use for Succulents?
- Most important thing to keep in mind while growing succulents is the soil.
- Use extremely well draining soil. For drainage, add perlite to soil
- The soil should be nutritious. When preparing soil for succulent plant, add vermicompost
- The soil should be soft
- Make sure to add fungicide in soil to prevent root rots
Where should you keep Succulents? How much sun should succulents get?
- Keep this plant outdoors for aeration
- Succulents love sunlight and grows fast in full sun. In winters, they should be kept in full sun
- Succulents, however, do not like harsh sun. During summers, they should be kept in indirect sunlight