- Sansevieria trifasciata, also known as snake plant, is one of the most popular plants.
- It grows easily both indoors and outdoors. The snake plant is a low-maintenance plant and is quite tough.
- If you are new to gardening, you should start your plant journey with a snake plant.
- This plant is native to subtropical and tropical regions and grows easily in India.
- This plant is an excellent air purifying plant and the perfect plant for your indoors.
Care Instructions for a Snake Plant
How to water Snake Plant?
- Water the Snake Plant only when the topsoil is dry so as to avoid over-watering.
- Always water the plant thoroughly, that is, till the water starts coming down from the bottom hole.
What type of Soil to use for Snake Plant?
- Snake Plants prefer soft sandy soil.
- The soil should be well draining. You can add sand or perlite for drainage
- The soil should be moisture retaining. You can add cocopeat for moisture retention
- The soil should be nutritious. You should add vermicompost for nutrition
Where should you keep Snake Plant?
- This plant requires adequate sunlight
- It grows easily both indoors and outdoors.